Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Follow the leada leada leada... Follow the LEADER!


I have been thinking long and hard this week about the people in my life and what characteristics make them leaders. I work in an elementary school, and I see a lot of grrreat qualities that lend to grrrreat leaders, and I also see the other end of this spectrum (of course, it's everywhere!). But I have realized that it is actually what I focus most of my energy remembering and learning that I become. So, for example, if I stew and complain and gossip about the qualities and strange things that people do, I will become a person with those qualities! If I stew and ponder and gossip about the great qualities and amazing attributes in people, I will model myself after them and work toward those qualities! This is one of my favourite quotes:

Linger too long in the stench of negativity around you, and you'll smell like the toxin you despise.

Soo.... I figure it would work in the opposite favour too! Try this: linger too long in the aroma of positivity around you, and you'll smell like the "toxin" you love!

I have been seeing so much goodenss around me this week, and I am amazed as to how big my eyes have been opened when I look for the good instead of the bad!

I know that I kind of went on a tangent,... but to bring us back to it: LET'S FOCUS ON BEING GREAT LEADERS!!!!

What do leaders possess in my mind????

They are:
charismatic
motivated
energetic
positive
have perspective
unafraid to take risks!

This is my list, what's yours? I have been so blessed to be able to observe these characteristics in my husband, parents, friends, co-workers, and even strangers!

Take care,
Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment