Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I'm not a slave to my Cell Phone!



OK soooo, Yesterday I left my cell phone at home on purpose!
Yup, I did it! And it was weird, because on more then one occasion I reached into my bag to use it, but upon realizing it was not there, I also realized I didn't really NEED to make those phone calls, they were more just "convenience calls" as I call them, that I do when going from point A to B with some extra time!

Upon returning home I had several missed calls and text, a couple which were business (oops, yes it's my business phone too) and a few texts which read, "Where are you?", "Did you get my last text?" LOL.... haa haa!

I have realized I DOOOOO love the convenience of my phone however, for the most part the actual talking I do is "CHECK IN" Talking and texting with Friends and Family. It's not a bad thing but what did I USE TO to do? I guess I used to call everyone at night and catch up then?!

The other thing is I don't always LIKE being available ALLLL the time! And it's nothing against anyone calling, it's just when I'm getting groceries, or in the change room somewhere, or public bathroom etc. I don't exactly want to reach for my phone and begin a conversation, "Oh, Hi _______, I'm just in the change room at _________..." Lol, we've allllll heard that at one point or another!

So anyhow, YES my cell is still convenient, and Yes I dooo need to have it with me for business etc. however, I believe I will be turning down my phone a little more often and allowing some call's and texts to hit my inbox... I will return them, but MAYBE not within' 30 seconds!

Do you have any cell phone tactics which seem to work for you? Let us know!

I will not be a slave to my technology, lol!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment