Saturday, October 17, 2009

HOW ARE YOU????????


Helloooo! How are you? How many times a day do you think you ask that question, or are asked that question? I've never counted, but I can imagine that it is a large number.

Number 1: When you ask this question, what is your typical response? What response do you expect? DO you reeeallly care to know the answer or are you just asking out of habit or because it's the polite thing to do?
So many times throughout our day, many of us overuse these words... I usually expect "I'm fine, and you?" after I ask the question, and that is most typically the answer I get.
Would you be surprised or put-off if someone answered truthfully?
I am going to make a conscious effort to ask this question only when I care to get an honest answer, and listen to the truth!

Number 2: What is your typical response when somebody asks you this question? Do you answer truthfully, or do you have a robotic, thoughtless answer as well? Next time someone asks you... try and think about delivering an honest answer!! It is unusually refreshing!

There are so many socially acceptable conversations that do not reflect our true thoughts or feelings, next time think about it!

Together, let's put meaning back into the phrase: How are you? In order for us to foster closer, more honest and supportive relationships with those in our lives!

Sincerely honest,

Chanel and Heather

1 comment: