Monday, October 12, 2009

THANKS-GIVING... a look beyond the turkey


On this holiday, be grateful!

THANKS-GIVING, GIVING-THANKS

Gratitude is a topic that is either over-used and lost meaning, or neglected and put away. Today, on this day of thanks, let's try and change our thought patterns in order to truly make giving thanks a meaningful priority in our every day lives.


Ponder it, think about it! What does it mean to you?

Everyday lately, I have made it a point to sit in quiet for 5 minutes, and be grateful for the Blessings that are abundant in my life. If I don't make this time, I end up seeing only hardships throughout my day instead of seeing the great events that bring a smile to my face! Once I begin actively practicing this, I more easily see Blessings in the moment, and the good times help carry me through the tough times.




Task Time:
Tonight, try to practice cultivating thankfulness by having a gratitude conversation with someone you love, writing a gratitude list, or by being thankful in our heart for the wonderful Blessings that surround you! They aren't always as obvious as getting a new job, winning the lottery, or being complimented on a good job done. They come in little, yet powerful, packages too! Little packages like watching snow falling, eating food that nourishes your body, seeing colourful leaves, driving a functional car or taking public transport to get to places you need to get to, watching a great TV program, hearing a song, or working with someone you enjoy being with!

Count your Blessings and the things you enjoy in your everyday life!

Choosing a Meaningful Attitude of Gratitude,
Chanel and Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment