Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Discouraged but Encouraged!

Ok, honestly? We are feeling a bit discouraged at the moment... we have not received as much feedback as we had hoped (perhaps it's our lack of computer knowledge or... people aren't ready to take the baby steps that we're taking). You guys could be thinking the same thing as us... "I'm only one person, what kind of visible effect will my tiny actions have on the "environment""? As we reflect upon the past few weeks when we entered on this "blogging journey", we realize that we have already helped FIGHT THE PRINT that we will leave on the planet through our existence! Chanel... I have totally changed my perceptions around the concept of "going green." It was so foreign to me a few months ago and now I am realizing what little tiny changes in my life can do for helping decrease the huge destructive path we are on in North America and beyond... This is such a MASSIVE idea that seemed way too overwhelming to even try before Heather and I started this blog, but now I have come to realize that it just takes a little knowledge and a pinch of motivation to help this cause. I have already recycled 634 plastic containers, cans, etc. That's an AWESOME amount of stuff that would have gone to the dump forever. foreva-eva. And I didn't even put much effort into doing this. Now that's encouraging to me. Heather... Hey Hey.... all I have to say is hey... ok... I have more lol... so I just did my calculation and I have realised that if I keep up with the re-usable mugs I will be saving approx 832 paper mugs from the landfills this year.... yaaaa and also uggg because that means I have contributed oooooh so many in the past... but I guess we can't change the past right, but we can change what we do in the future!!! A few other things I have really been trying to pay attention to is the plastic containers that I use to wash and re-use I have now recycled and brought glass alternatives in to our home. We have even taken it one step further and we got rid of our microwave... I know, I know we live in a MICROWAVE era but reallllly we don't need the added microwaves in our bodies oooor the stuff that seeps from the containers into the food when heating, P.S. food tastes wayyyyy better from the toaster oven and doesn't take that much longer! Think about it! ;P So even though we STILLLL want your feedback, we will keep going... the two of us trying to do our part and hoping the followers will come... "come out of your holes and join the green parade!" we know your in there... Love Chanel & Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment