Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Plastics Improvement... not that kind...


WOW! Thanks SO very much for the feedback everyone! There have been several new comments posted on a variety of entries, so we encourage you to read and provide your feedback as well! We are also in the process of trying to make the comments more easily viewed, and will hopefully have a better system for viewing by next week.... fingers crossed everybody!!!!


Nothing makes us happier than knowing you are interested and passionate!


Starting another conversation... how is the use for plastic bags search going? Are you finding you use many bags in your lives?


I am finding that in our household we have pulled out bags without thinking about it in the past, but since September, we have not gone through more than one box of "Ziploc" bags because we are using containers (Which also protect your food from morphing as well... :P) to store our food. As well, we have not accumulated our usual MASSIVE bag of grocery bags, because I have been making a conscious effort to keep reusable grocery bags in the car, so when I pick up some goods for supper, I am able to zip in and out without taking more plastic home! I must say, though, that this has been a hugs challenge for me, lol. I am aware that it sounds ridiculous and easy to follow; however for some reason it has taken me months to remember to bring my reusable bags into the grocery store even when they are in the car... pathetic, I know... but I'm trying, and I am making an effort to change things (like bringing the bags in my car so I have a constant reminder.... except when my husband insists that they go in the trunk... thus continuing my cycle of forgetfulness... oi!). Well that's my struggle with this plastic bag manifesto... they just hand them our and double-bag you everywhere you go! I do recognize that we have made huge strides in this department and for this I am grateful.

P.S. If you are wondering where on earth can I get a reusable bag? Almost every single grocer carries their own brand, general merchandise stores are beginning to carry their own (great advertising... we're thinking of putting out some ad bags as well... stay tuned...), and there are soooo many sites online that carry "designer", neat reusable organic bags (just google "reusable bags" and you will find a plethora of sites)


Lots of non-plastic wishes sent your way :P,
Chanel and Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment