Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Runnin' back to Saskatoon!


Hey Guys, well I’m back and although it was a wonderful trip I have to say I am happy to be home!

The pace of Toronto, (although fun for a few days,) is reallllly exhausting!!!


Between the commuting and the go, go, go attitude, the “I am to busy to smile and say Hello” feel you get from everyone when you walk down the street, I am remembering why I decided to move back to Saskatoon after school!

Although there are mannnny great things Toronto and the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) have and offer for the busy working class to keep the city working smoothly with great transit systems in place etc. At the end of the day I just don’t quite get WHY they do it? I mean let’s assess…


On average Torontonians commute 79 minutes for a round trip a day, which is equal to roughly 340 hours of commuting a year or two whole weeks. Yikes!!!

OK yes, there are definitely more job options and larger companies in big cities. And many people ARE driven to have the success and money and all that jazz…. But when (in my opinion) your life is like a broken record and you get up at the crack of dawn, commute, then worked 8 hours or more, and then commute again and by the time you get home you are exhausted so you hit the hay and you get up and do it all over again the next day?! Dang, after doing that for just one week I felt like I was ready for another vacation! How do they do it….??? WHY do they do it?!


Where as in Saskatchewan, where there are still many great jobs and we are the fastest growing province in Canada, and our average commute time is 15 min. max…. and people say “Hello” to you on the street, and there is a sense of calm even when walking downtown….. I will take that any day!


I know, I know... it's a truly different way of life, and “to each his/her own”, however I just have to say, I am truelllly thankful to live in Saskatoon!

When you take a look at your life and where you live, your lifestyle etc. how do you feel about it? I mean… do you feel like you are go, go, go’in it all the time? Or are you happy with the pace?


Send us some of your thoughts!


Heather

1 comment: