Sunday, April 5, 2009

Toronto Fun!



Hey guys soooo I've been in T.O. now since last Tuesday and been having a blast walking around and exploring! Unfortunately I do not have great access to a computer and as we speak I am standing in the Apple store typing this post. Sooo, for now here is just one of many GREEN initiatives Toronto is taking that I have noticed so far.  
For one, Toronto composts EVERYTHING they possibly can! Each residence receives a green garbage bin that they fill up and with everything compost-able and the city carts it away once a week! We are talking fruit, vegetable scraps, paper towel, napkins, coffee grinds, meat scraps etc. 
This is truellly impressive! 
My aunt was telling me that with all the programs in place to take away the "organics" (compost), paper and plastics right at her doorstep... that they only have one little bag of garbage a week! And I believe it! 
Hurrraay Toronto, Come oooooon Saskatoon, jump on the green train!

Green in T.O.

Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment