Thursday, April 23, 2009

Two feet on the ground please!

Sometimes I can have BOTH feet on the ground and I still don't have my Balance...



Like so many things in our lives it is sooo easy to be thrown off balance… if we’re moving to fast, or we are not prepared for what’s coming at us etc.

For myself, I am an emotional sponge, I let other people’s emotions (especially the negative or painful ones) affect me, call it over emotional or empathetic, or whatever… it’s not so fun. That, along with my own emotions and anxieties, throws me off balance and I'm a mess.

So over the years I have learned that I can have compassion and empathy for people, but I need to leave their problems to them… yes, I wish I had a magic wand to make everyone’s problems disappear, but I don’t. And Yes, there are still many people in our lives that come into your circle, (husband, family etc.) but you have to be able to stand on your own two feet at the end of the day (unless you're a flamingo), so try and maintain that balance!


Heather


Balance, Balance, Balance,

This is the issue that I continually struggle with. It seems as though my life is comprised of sooo many components, it is quite difficult to keep them all straight and to make time for myself. When I get home at the end of the day, I still have lists and lists of things that must be done before I make supper, clean up, and go to bed. When I have "downtime" or freetime, my brain shuts off and I can't focus on anything but the tv or the computer. Day after day that is what my life turns into... my goodness... there must be more: and this is exactly what I hope to accomplish by taking the time to reflectfully write entries in this blog. I hope you all can find purpose and meaning in your lives, or find whatever you are searchin for! I have lost perspective in my adulthood, and I am determined to get it back!! And once I have set my mind to it, I will accomplish it. And so can you... take this journey with me.

Chanel

2 comments:

  1. Hey Heather!! I hear you loud and clear! It is incredibly hard to put aside others feelings, especially since this society places such a high value on empathy! I know you well and you care so deeply about everyone!! That's one thing I love about you! Once a child comes along it becomes so easy to only think of him though. So my new skill of balancing is trying to find a place for everyone and me especially with the new little guy!! Keep up the good work! Also I hope to have you by sometime to see hime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Caval, I know it is getting ridiculous that I haven't made it over to see you two... But know I am thinking of you two (make that three, sorry Alan) and we will make time to see each other soon! I can only imaging how hard it must be to balance not only yourself, but now yourself and baby... yikes, keep up the great work!

    xo

    ReplyDelete