Friday, March 13, 2009

I think it’s here to stay?!






Spring fever: noun. A feeling of restlessness or excitement brought on by the coming of spring.

It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so! ~Mark Twain

That’s it for SURE! And I’ve got it… I don’t know about the rest of you but if you live in Saskatchewan, I’m sure you’re in the same boat.

Ooooh yaaaaaaa, I think it’s here to stay?! Although I’ve said that 3 times now and well… two days ago it was -45. But let’s think positively here!

Today there was a certain change in people’s demeanor's, a shift in attitudes and a change in perceptions during this winter’s thaw. There was water running in the streets, and the world (or Saskatoon) seemed in a flurry of energy once again.

As we head into this weekend, let’s embrace this energy and do some good with it.

Get out, enjoy the outdoors, laugh, do something for someone else, try something new, visit an old friend, write a letter… we allll need it! We need to shake this winter off ourselves, bc. It’s here to stay, I know it, come onnnnn SPRING!

Fight the urge to stay inside, get out, get out, get out!

Heather


1 comment:

  1. I woke this morning to a 30 degree frosty outdoors. I don't care! It's gonna be 50 degrees today!! I am gonna get out and find my spring bulbs hiding under leaves and mulch and uncover them so they can be seen by the warm spring sun that is just a week away! Hope you girls have a great weekend!
    Cate

    ReplyDelete