Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Random acts of GREEN…



Soooo on a couple different occasion, I have been out and about and encounter various "Random acts of GREEN"…


The other day I was heading out of Wal-Mart, when I encountered a cute older couple on their way in. Upon reaching the door the couple stopped, the man turned to his wife, kissed her and said, “I am going to pick- up while you shop!”…. aaah, pick-up, pardon me?.. I was confused and the thought of him trying to pick-up some young chickas in the parking lot flashed through my head? However, this was NOT the case, (dang, he was cute, JJ), as I walked in parallel to him out into the parking lot I watched as he began picking up garbage! Aaah, picking-up, I see… Bravo, bravo, BRAVO!

I was floored, really!


The only other time I have seen this random act was when I was walking to the farmers market one morning and a couple in front of me picked up garbage as they walked. However, for some reason (in my mind anyhow), it suited then, perhaps bc. we were on the way to the farmers market and not in a random parking lot? I don’t know, anyhow Bravo to you ALL! Keep it up!


I am going to try and follow in their footsteps, their "fighting footprints" actually, and if I see some garbage and am near a trash can, I’ll grab it and through it away (then grab my hand sanitizer in my purse, lol)! Try it, let’s see what happens!


What other Random acts of green have you encountered or do you do yourself? Let us know your stories!


Garbage fighting machine!


Heather



2 comments:

  1. love that encouragement! How inspiring, thanks for sharing Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just mentioning to my husband how much I hate this time of year, because we can see how much garbage is thrown or dropped over the six months of winter. The ditches and trees are full. I am so happy to hear that someone is doing their part. I guess I will too!

    ReplyDelete