Sunday, March 29, 2009

Simply Beautiful!


So how did sitting in the dark go? Did you feel like you did your part? If you didn't... there's always more opportunities whenever you want/can to do this... there's no light and energy consumption police mandating that you use technology... try it sometime, it's actually quite freeing! It's a great feeling tapping out of the GRID, you are not dependent on so many pieces of technology to keep you entertained or to make your life easier, and it brings a person "back to the basics". Where we should really be going more often... talking with our spouses, laughing with friends (not the TV show "Friends", the real ones), and purely enjoying the beauty within the simplicity (sounds corny but don't knock it 'till you try it). Simply Beautiful!!!

Chanel: Personally, I went to a party in which we sat in the dark (candles were lit like in the olden days... in the words of a 14 year old girl) and drank a fair bit of wine.... it was great. Really great. I felt like I did my part, yup, I did my part. We all did, it was pretty great.

Heather: At our home, we turned everything off and lit some candles and Charlie (our kitten above) provided a lot of entertainments, he looooved the candles! But mostly, my hubby and I (and Charlie) just sat and talked and read to each other (very nice by the way, try it). And once the hour was up, I was sad it was over, SSsoooo... we have decided to try and prioritize an hour each week to take ourselves "back to the basics", turn off everything and just spend time together... in the dark, WWwwahooo
!


"Honey, You light up my life, I don't need a light bulb"

Heather and Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment